Chester has many achievable aspirations as a city. In recent years, it has developed the One City Plan, a hugely exciting and ambitious opportunity to draw together a number of projects, initiatives and ideas into one overarching delivery plan and vision.
Delivery plan and vision to include:
- Transformation of the retail area, a key anchor national retailer, quality public realm, open spaces, public squares, food and leisure facilities.
- Conversion of the art deco former Odeon Cinema on Northgate Street into a new theatre and library for the city.
- Enhancements of the City Walls and Rows.
- Expansion of Chester Zoo to make it into the largest animal, conservation and leisure attraction of its type in Europe.
- The North West Atlantic Gateway redevelopment strategy between Greater Manchester and Merseyside will benefit Chester due to key sites at Port Bridgewater and Ince Park.
- The University of Chester Thornton Campus will house the new Faculty of Science & Engineering.